FODMAP Health Pty Ltd (“FODMAP Health”, “we” or “us”) recognises the importance of, and is committed to protecting, your personal information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“the Privacy Act”). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your personal information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at https://www.oaic.gov.au/.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES FODMAP HEALTH COLLECT?
The personal information collected by FODMAP Health may include:
- your name, address, phone number and email address;
- your age, birth date, gender, occupation, profession or job title;
- your computer or device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- your username and password for the FODMAP Health website (https://www.fodmaphealth.com);
- details of the products you have purchased from FODMAP Health, or you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and to respond to your enquiries; and
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to FODMAP Health directly through our website or indirectly through use of our website.
FODMAP Health may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, FODMAP Health may collect anonymous answers to surveys or competitions or aggregated information about how users use our website.
HOW FODMAP HEALTH COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
FODMAP Health collects personal information that you provide to us:
- via telephone, via email or other correspondence or via our website and related social media platforms;
- during any written communications between you and us;
- when you register to enter any competitions on our website or related social media platforms;
- when you register for any of our services, including alerts, blogs, newsletters, updates or other subscription services; and
- when you purchase any product from us.
Our cookies do not collect personal information. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can adjust your browser to disable cookies but this may restrict your ability to access certain areas of our website.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
In general, our third-party service providers will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information you or we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers. Certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. If you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
HOW FODMAP HEALTH HOLDS PERSONAL INFORMATION
FODMAP Health takes reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information held by it is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either hard copy or electronic form on our servers and secured third party servers.
When your personal information is no longer needed for the purpose/s for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information.
THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH FODMAP HEALTH COLLECTS AND HOLDS PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information for the primary purposes of providing our services to you, providing information to you and marketing. We may also use your personal information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect personal information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be disclosed:
- to our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors, or service providers located in Australia and overseas including without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants, for the purposes of providing services in connection with the operation of our website or our business, answering your requests or enquiries, and to otherwise provide products and services to you;
- to suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes where you have consented; and
- to third parties, where you have consented to the use or disclosure; and
- as required or authorised by law including to law enforcement, government or other organisations or where permitted under the Privacy Act.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are entitled access the personal information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your personal information, please contact us, via our Privacy Officer (details below) in writing. In order to protect your personal information from unauthorised access and/or disclosure, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
FODMAP Health will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your personal information.
It is an important to us that your personal information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
The contact details for our Privacy Office are:
ATTN: the Privacy Officer
FODMAP Health Pty Ltd
Post: 12 Roach Avenue, Aberfeldie, Victoria, 3040, Australia Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, or your personal information mishandled, please contact our Privacy Officer (details above) with a full description of your complaint. We will treat your request or complaint confidentially. Our Privacy Officer will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. FODMAP Health aims to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA
We may disclose personal information to our services providers, related bodies corporate and their service providers, including without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers and electronic network administrators located overseas, including in the United States of America, for some of the purposes listed above.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the relevant privacy obligations relating to your personal information.